Double Baked Brie and 5 Cheese Dip
I have to admit one of my favorite parts of holiday feasts are the appetizers! So much so that I am hosting an appetizer only potluck this weekend. But when the calendar starts to fill up and you are trying to balance decorating, gift-buying, holiday parties and everything else in between it can be overwhelming to find inspiration for what to make. Luckily my pals at Summer Fresh released their annual Appys Entertaining Guide with 10 new simple appetizer recipes to get you inspired this holiday season.
Their hummus and dips regularly make an appearance on my Charcuterie boards as evidenced here, here and here but I love that this guide helps me think outside the box when it comes to using the products I already enjoy in new ways. All 10 recipes are very approachable and use a combination of Summer Fresh dips and salads which are all made with fresh and simple ingredients, have no added preservative, and are locally made.
You can grab the Summer Fresh Appys Entertaining Guide here – good luck picking which one to start with, they all sound so yummy! Since I am a sucker for cheese I decided to test out the Double Baked Brie and 5 Cheese Dip for you. And it did not disappoint!
Ingredients for Double Baked Brie and 5 Cheese Dip
- 2 x 227g Summer Fresh 5 Cheese Dip
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- Fresh basil
- 1 pkg Brie cheese
- 1 cup mixed shredded cheese including cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella
- Crackers or crostini of your choice
How to make Double Baked Brie and 5 Cheese Dip
- Slice top skin from cheese. Place in centre of baking sheet and bake at 300F for 12-15 minutes or until cheese if softened
- Fill remaining baking sheet with Summer Fresh 5 Cheese Dip, mixed cheese and bake for additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place olives, sundried tomatoes and basil on top of brie and serve immediately with favorite crackers or crostini.
Wishing you a happy holiday season filled with delicious appetizers! Let me know which recipe you make from the guide.