Have you tried making cauliflower rice yet?! After first swapping it for the real deal in my chicken fried cauliflower rice, it quickly became a go to. It’s pretty easy to make and if you are feeling lazy, several grocery stores now carry it pre-chopped into rice form. Which has come in handy for me several times. Below I am sharing my newest creations using cauliflower rice as the base plus I linked to my other faves!
1. Cauliflower rice with roasted tomatoes
First up is cauliflower rice with roasted tomatoes. I absolutely love roasted cherry tomatoes, I think I could enjoy them with any meal! So easy to make too. Grab a baking tray and place a piece of tin foil or parchment paper over top. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Roast them in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 400F.
When ready, serve them over top of the cauliflower rice recipe below. Enjoy!
If you want to add a little protein, you can fry an egg and put it on top.
2. Cauliflower rice with mango chutney chicken
The mango chutney chicken recipe was inspired by The Endless Meal. I love the flavor combo plus its super easy to make. I served it with turmeric and curry flavored cauliflower rice. Start with the base recipe below and then add a half teaspoon of curry powder and turmeric or more if you want stronger flavors.
Once you try the recipes above don’t forget to check out my other cauliflower rice recipes.
Love this healthier version of the classic take-out dish. Definitely one to add to your weeknight dinner plan!
This might be an unexpected combo BUT don’t knock it til you try it! The Pineapple goes so well with the flavors of the fried rice.
Swap in cauliflower rice for any dish that calls for regular rice. It's a great way to get your veggies in plus doesn't leave you feeling bloated.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- cheese grater
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon minced garlic
- You can either buy the cauliflower pre chopped into 'rice' or use a cheese grater and grate the cauliflower as if you were grating a block of cheese. It turns into tiny pieces and soon enough you have a bowl of raw cauliflower rice.
- To cook it, heat up a sauce pan and add the olive oil, garlic and cauliflower rice. Saute for 4-5 mins until the cauliflower softens. Do a taste test to see if it needs more time - I like it to be a little harder so it feels more like rice - but if you like it softer, cook for a bit longer.
- Depending on what recipe you choose above, you can add the remaining ingredients to finish it off.